I would feel remorse if I did not add in on the Thanksgiving blogging. I am a day late but I was a little out-to-sea yesterday. Here are 10 things I am thankful for:
- I serve an awesome God. Jesus has never left my side nor left me stranded. Through my great decisions and through my horrible decisions I know that he loves me. I will take that.
- Mckenzie and Katie. I have two of the greatest children in the world. I love the way they tackle life, definitely in their own ways but it is great to see. I am super proud. There is no love greater.
- My family. It is a blessing when we all get together even though I am clearly the smartest of all. Haha. I love to watch each of you traverse this live. We all have taken different paths but God has had his hand on us all the time. Mom and Dad, I love you and am thankful for you. With that though I would be doing a huge disservice if I did not mention Branon. I appreciate you and how you take care of 2/3 of my greatest possessions. Mckenzie and Maddog are lucky to have you.
- Friends. I feel so blessed to call you all friends. I have some of the greatest in the world from a handyman to an electrician, a church employee to a chaplain, a business developer to a business owner, a co-worker to an auto-mechanic, and a builder to a military member. I run the field with friends.
- Military Chaplaincy. There are few things in this world that I love and care more about than the military. I absolutely love and feel honored to be a part of this family. To my military members, I love you.
- I love cars. I really enjoy just sitting and looking at cars. Old and new they all seem to have their own personalities. Someone asked me one day what were my favorite cars? Very simple and in this order: 1968 Cadillac, M38a1 Military Jeep, Porsche 944 Turbo, BMW M3 (prior to 2000), and a 1964 Impala. I will give an honorable mention to the VW Corrado G60.
- Traveling. I love to travel. Europe is my favorite destination, but I enjoy traveling anywhere. I am definitely finding more and more awesome locations to travel to here in the States which is fun.
- Sailing. Why have I missed this my whole life? The sound of nothing other than the sail popping in the wind is a thing of beauty. I have tremendous respect for the sea and look forward to our battles.
- My job and coworkers. I really and truly love my job. I work for a great company with a group of great people. I have great supervisors and the SE safety team is unbelievable. I admire these men and women tremendously.
- Carrie. There comes a time in life where you just want to help others. I find enjoyment in giving back as much as possible. You make that part easy. I enjoy serving in this life with you. Looking forward to our next journey.
I am just super thankful for all things in my life. I praise the Lord in the bad and good times in life. I laugh in the good and laugh at the bad. Love you all!