I was in a meeting today with a Colonel and he made an interesting statement. He said something to the affect that you can tell the kind of person you are by your ten closest friends. Who are my closest friends? Who do I surround myself with? Here are descriptions of ten I could think of.
- Handyman of sorts. Can do most things. He and his wife have been my closest of friends since High School. He is a spiritual guide for me and we tend to have great theological discussions. He is absolutely closer to me than a brother. He should be put in the family group.
- A call and he is there type of guy. Love his wife as well but his friendship fills many voids in my life. Encouraging words and great conversation helps keep our friendship going. I am impressed by how he handles life and look forward to spending any amount of time with him.
- A great friend is hard to find but a great work friend is even harder. This guy I have been in the trenches with many times and we are still standing. Wouldn’t trade him for anyone.
- Medical field friends are needed in any arsenal. Someone that truly cares about you and your health will be needed throughout life. Ill keep this one close.
- Can’t go into battle without a Cajun and his wife. I can’t even explain to you how important uplifting and kind words are to a person. This person has gone through more than most people I know but he still brings with him a kind word.
- This couple has become closer and closer as the years have passed. We have cried and laughed together. You never know how close people will become when you first meet them. Well that is some. I knew from the first time I met them they would be friends for life.
- Everyone needs an electrician. Well I have the best. Not only is he and his wife some of the Godliest people I know he has never left my side as a friend. Through thick and thin my brother.
- You also need a mechanic if you are a car guy. No matter what I bring him he gets it straight. I appreciate his friendship more than he will ever know.
- Pastoral friends are great as well. When you know someone is praying for you it sure takes a little stress off of you. This brother has always been a spiritual mentor.
- This last one is reserved for my family. Even though they are not considered friends they are closer. They are the roots to my inner circle and I am proud of them all.
So there you have it. In no particular order a description of my top peeps. When I think of the question the Colonel asked and I look at this list I feel pretty good.
Proverbs 13:20 states whomever walks with the wise becomes the wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.
That pretty well sums it up. I am thankful for all my friends and I hope to be as good as a friend to you as you are to me.
Two friends were walking in the woods when they heard something. They turned around and saw a big black bear coming towards them. Both men started to run when one stopped and started to put on his tennis shoes.
The second man said “You don’t have time to change shoes. You can’t outrun that bear!”
The first man said, “I know I can’t outrun the bear. I only have to outrun you!”
Have fun my friends.