What stresses you?
I believe we all could answer this differently. I wanted to dive deep and come up with what I believe are my top 5 stressors. Don’t worry. There are not gonna be any dark secrets. Just some inner thoughts. Here we go in no particular order.
1) The happiness of my parents. Let me be clear. Not stress from my parents but the stress that they are unhappy. My mom is in the hospital tonite and I am sleeping in a bed across from my father at my house. He asked me earlier what’s our plan tomorrow? We just left the hospital and he can’t remember my mom is there. He is a kind and selfless man but a lot of stress comes with dementia. I told him tonite this was his rack. He said “just like the army?” And I said “that’s right sergeant”. Off to bed he went.
2) The safety of my children. I wake up in the middle of the night worried about them. I know my son-in-law protects my oldest but I still have a lot of stress over her safety. If something happens to my youngest daughter my life would be drastically darker.
3) The safety of my co-workers. As I write this some Performance employees are hard at work. Much stress is on them from the holidays and they are being overwhelmed by schedule restraints. This bothers me. They all have families and want to go home and see them. How do I do my part in making sure we have done all we can do to keep them safe? I don’t know. It stresses me.
4) My wife’s happiness. Teagan will be here soon and I want everyone to be happy. She has a high demand job and taking care of all of this can be overwhelming.
5) I hate to slip. I can’t stand to feel like I didn’t give my all. I have more to give and the only reason I am not doing so is out of laziness. I don’t like to sleep. I am not a fan of “down-time”. I want to preach more. That is a stress reliever for me. It’s what makes me… me. Staying busy relieves stress and church work was always a way to stay busy. I miss that.
This stress can be heavy but I believe God wants us to give it to him. He wants us to live a stress free life or at least one that we can control.
Philippians 4:6,7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Here is why I write about this tonight. Life is going to be stressful. You are not alone feeling that it is. We are all stressed to some degree. Don’t handle it alone. Reach out to those that love you and have your best interest at mind. Above all, Pray. It works.